Friday, March 18, 2011

Testing

Hey guys for the past few weeks my school has been doing CAPT testing. Even though I will be  participating in this test next year my school has been preparing the grade below with the practice CAPT.  My teachers are still counting these as grades.  I get anxious when I take tests and quiz's.  I am aloud to have extra time for my quiz's and tests because it takes me longer to read and answer the questions.  But even so I worry about the tests.  If you are a special ed or 504 student you could talk to your Special Education teacher or your Guides Counselor about the accommodations you receive. 

I thought it would be helpful if I shared some strategies that have helped me and might help you to get better grades or to relieve stress. It doesn't matter what kind of testing you're doing middle-terms, finals, or any testing these tips will get you ready.

    •    Get organized
    •    Get rid of distractions
    •    Take a 5 minute break every 30-40 minutes of working
    •    Write down how many minutes it takes to do your subjects

If you get stressed out here are somethings that have helped me in the past:
    •    Listen to your favorite songs
    •    Take a nice long shower
    •    Exercise- like running or weight lifting
    •    Talk to someone about what you are stressed about

 I hope my tips are helpful for when you have a test or just normal homework! If you follow these tips or find your own ways of studying or relieving stress you will feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment